• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with my sling!

Felixaad17

Hey y’all! I just got my first sling (an a. Hentzi) and he keeps climbing the walls of his enclosure (even going as far as to climb onto the ceiling!) he is in a very small enclosure - a Jamie’s Tarantula’s sling enclosure, and I have maybe three inches worth of substrate in his tank. He hasn’t burrowed one bit and seems disinterested in food. I’ve had to move him in and out of that cage twice due to issues with the substrate at first, so does this seem like he’s just checking his space out? I’m so worried I’ll **** something up. I love that little guy.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My A johnnicashi slings are about 1 cm at the most & they are normally out, only one of my two has ever burrowed & when I am feeding etc, they are both happy to climb the side of the vile or the small piece of plastic plant I have in them.

BrokenRay

3 Year Member
Did you get the spiderling enclosure that comes with the coco fiber, cork bark and silk plant from Jamie's T's?

If you did make sure you pack the coco fiber down. Many tarantulas don't care for coco fiber that is not. Also make a starter burrow with the cork bark. You probably did all that anyways just ruling it out.

Slings go exploring when put in a new enclosure. Like mentioned by others give home time to settle in.

Nice species by the way that one is on my list to get to.

Felixaad17

Thank you all for your advice and reassurance!! I had created a burrow for him but had not packed down the substrate. I’ll definitely do that! Do you think it would be okay if I moved him out again to do this? I would hate to stress him out more than I already have. Thank y’all so much, again!!

Latest posts