• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with my Chilean Rose hair

Tom

3 Year Member
Hi my names Tom. I'm new to all this Tarantula stuff and was wondering you guys could help me out.

I recently purchased my Chilean rose hair last friday 6th october and I'm not sure how old she is? I've attached some photos so you can all see. Also, I don't know if her/his enclosure is to big and she also hasn't eaten anything since I purchased her? Is this bad as she doesnt make any effort to eat the crickets I am offering her/him on the tongs or if I leave them in the enclosure?

Please help?
Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20171014-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20171014-WA0000.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-20171011-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20171011-WA0002.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG-20171011-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20171011-WA0000.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 38

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Tom, welcome to the hobby.
Your container looks fine. Some Ts take a little time to settle in after a move and Rose Hairs are notorious for fasting for quite long periods. I'd leave her a week before you feed again, leave the food overnight and if she hasn't eaten remove the cricket. As long as her abdomen doesn't begin to look shrivelled she'll be fine, just make sure she always has water available.

Tom

3 Year Member
Hi Tom, welcome to the hobby.
Your container looks fine. Some Ts take a little time to settle in afOkter a move and Rose Hairs are notorious for fasting for quite long periods. I'd leave her a week before you feed again, leave the food overnight and if she hasn't eaten remove the cricket. As long as her abdomen doesn't begin to look shrivelled she'll be fine, just make sure she always has water available.

ok excellent thank you. Any chance you can estimate how old he/she is as I have no idea but the lady I bought the spider off of says she is no more than 1 year old?

thanks again

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
ok excellent thank you. Any chance you can estimate how old he/she is as I have no idea but the lady I bought the spider off of says she is no more than 1 year old?

thanks again

Age in Ts is very difficult to guess as it depends on so many things, temperatures, feeding, sex.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Agree with enn, but that spider being a Grammastola, is almost certainly over a year old at that size....my grammastola pulchripes is 2 years old and only about 2.5 inches diagonal leg span.

Latest posts