• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with LP ventral sexing.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
I was sold this beautiful LP as adult female DLS 7.5 inch.
Will someone with more knowledge be able to confirm as got her from a kid(that never sexsed her properly) and doesn't look like is near a molt anytime soon.
20191124_102913.jpg

Regards Konstantin

Last edited:

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Thanks for your comment.This is second opinion from a trusted source that is suspecting to be male.Hope it molts soon to be able to sex it properly.
Its a gorgeous and calm T that is my favourite in my colection even if Selene turns out to be Samson.lol.Its about 4 years old now.
Regards Konstantin

Last edited:

Hemolymph

3 Year Member
Congratulations! Now Selene is Samson, eh!!
I find Lp's tricky to vent sex. All the ventral photos I've seen seem to have both male and female looking features! Maybe someone could respond with further knowledge on the technique they use.
It’s a guess for most. The ones that are good at vent sexing are assholes about the info they have. Good looking getting any useful information out of them. They just refer you to some useless info that everyone has already read. I’m pretty good at sexing old worlds but a lot of the new worlds tend to be tougher. Molt sexing is the way to go.
I posted a few ventral photos on Arachnoboards for people that are “God’s” to sex. After they molted I uploaded the molts and put all them on blast when they were all wrong. They kicked me out of the forum.

E

ExMember

It’s a guess for most. The ones that are good at vent sexing are assholes about the info they have. Good looking getting any useful information out of them. They just refer you to some useless info that everyone has already read. I’m pretty good at sexing old worlds but a lot of the new worlds tend to be tougher. Molt sexing is the way to go.
I posted a few ventral photos on Arachnoboards for people that are “God’s” to sex. After they molted I uploaded the molts and put all them on blast when they were all wrong. They kicked me out of the forum.
They tend to do stuff like that there. I ASKED a mod to lifetime ban me from there as it has gotten stupid. Got 30 point 3 month ban. Mainly for criticizing "the site". Not sure what their problem is (ego, power tripping etc)?

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Congratulations! Now Selene is Samson, eh!!
I find Lp's tricky to vent sex. All the ventral photos I've seen seem to have both male and female looking features! Maybe someone could respond with further knowledge on the technique they use.
Hi
Thanks.
Actually Selene is still Selene.lol;)
But guess that was a typo

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Hi
Thanks.
Actually Selene is still Selene.lol;)
But guess that was a typo

I don't know why the hell I typed that sentence, I knew you said it was a girl!! Think I need to spend less time on my phone and more time getting a proper night sleep. Or maybe i'm going senile, it's in the family lol

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club

Brilliant observation. You can always tell how much of an expert someone likes to think they are, by how angry they get when they are wrong. The fact you got kicked out says a lot for how mad they were lol

Latest posts