• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with info on breeding Poecilotheria metallica please?

Charmere

3 Year Member
Hi Guys... I am relatively new in the Hobby... been collecting for about 4 years but started breeding about a year and a half ago... I've bread a few species of tarantula but mostly terrestrial species... I've got now some Poecilotheria metallica's, a breeding pair and I would like to get as much info as possible on breeding them... I love tarantulas and love breeding them to see how they do their whole constructing and webbing up of their burrows and so forth... Please help me with as mush info as possible please?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's all about timing. Make sure the Molts time out right, and Co-Hab the pair in a good size enclosure.
Make sure it's in a dark warm area. And peek in on them regularly (ideally with a red light). try and catch their pairings, and record the pairings for your records. After about a month of co-hab, if the male is still alive, try and get him out. Then just leave the girl alone for a couple months.(some people do a cool down for pokies, I never have) Peek in regularly after the 1 month mark and try and see if she made a sac, if she has remove it around the 30 day mark and incubate it. good luck.

Charmere

3 Year Member
Thanx Kenny. I hope to be successful in the breeding. I just love them and want to be one of the guys to say that I've bread them successfully.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't have any advice on breeding, as I'm not quite to that point yet. I wish you much luck in the breeding though :D

Fred Scrooby

3 Year Member
Hi Carmere, how far are you with the breeding. We aquire a pair and hope to follow suit. Our housing units are completed an the pair has moved into their Duplex unit. Now time will tell and we will follow this post to hear the good news...we wish you much luck with the breeding.

Latest posts