• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help telling sex

rozesrred

I have had her/him for just a week now. I was told to young to tell. I'm aware might have to wait until molt but was just wondering if any of you could tell anything. Also this is what it was brought home in and now settled in to it's true enclosure.

Attachments

• 20220508_115554.jpg
    20220508_115554.jpg
    887.5 KB · Views: 25

ta122

Actually, I was so focused on the epigastric furrow, I overlooked the pedipalps. You have yourself a mature male and an unreliable salesperson.

MBullock

3 Year Member
Looks like an immature male. need to be up close to the genital region to see.

but i do think I see some epiandrous fusillae as a dark patch.

rozesrred

Actually, I was so focused on the epigastric furrow, I overlooked the pedipalps. You have yourself a mature male and an unreliable salesperson.
I got him at an expo and wasn't given any info actually. The giant amazon pink toe was written on the top of the carrier and that's it. I did ask about size she said would probably get a little bigger and to young to tell sex.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I got him at an expo and wasn't given any info actually. The giant amazon pink toe was written on the top of the carrier and that's it. I did ask about size she said would probably get a little bigger and to young to tell sex.

If it says giant Amazon pinktoe, more than likely its an Avicularia metallica or what we now call Avicularia M6. Common names are so bad to use nowadays because so many species have the same or similar common names. It's very difficult to distinguish them. At least we know it's an Avicularia "something" by the looks of it.

Latest posts