• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help please!

Powerdragon

Hi everyone! My Grammostola rosea is very lethargic, can barely move, and is also in death curl. I had her in ICU not so long ago and she was much better and walking around. But since 1-2 days ago she is again very band, worst I've seen her. I don't know what to do, tried to give her water and smashed cricket with an eye dropper. She is almost not responding. she hasn't eaten since last year. Tried to give her food many time but was just not interested. I've attached some photos. Any advice is welcome, I would try anything to save her. What can I do to get her back on feet if possible. She is around 16 years old.

Attachments

• tar1.jpg
    tar1.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 26
  • tar2.jpg
    tar2.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 26

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
Its not looking good Im afraid. The underside of the abdomen looks shrivelled and deflated. This with the legs curl scream dehydration and the only thing you can do is offer water.Drops of water on mouthparts if on its back or place mouthparts in shallow dish of water.
It may be just her time has come Im afraid.
Regards Konstantin

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(
She's had a good long life.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Yes so sorry. Feel free to share some of the memories you have of her.