• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP please :( Is my harpactira pulchripes dead?

BiomedBendall

I woke up this morning to find this ( the photo is hard to see) his butt in and leg in the air, the rest of him in the substrate.... no movement..... I had to leave for work and so i couldnt spend the time to check on him :( has anyone seen their HP do anything like this before?

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2599.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2599.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 20

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Good morning friend,
It is really hard to see the spider on the picture. Crossing my fingers.
Did you notice if its legs were tucked in under its cephalothorax?
As soon as you'll get home, take a soft paint brush and cuddle it a little to see if you are getting any reactions.
Please keep us posted.

BiomedBendall

Thank you for your reply! I know the photo is terrible! His legs where not curled under, which is why im questioning what i was looking at.... im definitly going to attend to him when i get home, im just hoping for some ideas (other than death of course) to ease my mind for the next 8 hours. Hes a brand new sling, and my first old world, i have only had him for 1 month!

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you for your reply! I know the photo is terrible! His legs where not curled under, which is why im questioning what i was looking at.... im definitly going to attend to him when i get home, im just hoping for some ideas (other than death of course) to ease my mind for the next 8 hours. Hes a brand new sling, and my first old world, i have only had him for 1 month!
Would you know if it was in pre-molt?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It is possible from what you say that the little one is just digging itself a hole.

BiomedBendall

It is possible from what you say that the little one is just digging itself a hole.
it seems that he might have been just taking a long break (like 10 minutes ?!) while digging. My husband has woken up and checked on him for me and says that he is no longer in that position .... I feel like a cray lady lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
it seems that he might have been just taking a long break (like 10 minutes ?!) while digging. My husband has woken up and checked on him for me and says that he is no longer in that position .... I feel like a cray lady lol
They do like to scare us and they can get into some weird positions but you will soon learn its ways and no longer panic so much.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Im how often this molts just yet ( hes only had one molt since ive had him) But it seems that he might have been just taking a long break (like 10 minutes ?!) while digging. My husband has woken up and checked on him for me and says that he is no longer in that position .... I feel like a cray lady lol
Kids drive us crazy, it is the price to pay to be a tarantula mama ;)

Latest posts