• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help on mexican redleg. :D

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
i'm planning on getting a second T. a 1 inch mexican redleg.
can anybody give me tips and information about the specie? like where do i keep a T that small? what to do with the substrate? how do i make his enclosure? the progress of the enclosures size? how long does it take for the T to grow? etc. you get the point. :D

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
At that size a deli container with some tiny holes should do fine. I would give it enough sub to burrow in, a tiny hide if you can find one, even a couple fake leaves should do. I don't give mine a water dish at that size, but some people do. A small bottlecap with some pebbles should do the trick. You want to keep a sling a bit more moist than an adult. What I would do is mist one side and 1/4 of the sub now and again. I like to keep a semi moist spot in an enclosure for slings.

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
At that size a deli container with some tiny holes should do fine. I would give it enough sub to burrow in, a tiny hide if you can find one, even a couple fake leaves should do. I don't give mine a water dish at that size, but some people do. A small bottlecap with some pebbles should do the trick. You want to keep a sling a bit more moist than an adult. What I would do is mist one side and 1/4 of the sub now and again. I like to keep a semi moist spot in an enclosure for slings.
what kind of deli container? could you give me a pic of how it looks like? :D

Latest posts