1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help me out here with pronunciation

Discussion in 'Brachypelma' started by tapkoote, Jun 1, 2017.

1. tapkoote

tapkoote Member

Brachypelma
    I've watched some foreign folks and couldn't quite get it, is it brack-E-pelma?
    And I just watched a fellow(NO NAMES) Who absoulty botched a rehousing using H2o.
    Thats beyound belief, I understand the theory of rain flooding a burrow. But give it some time to work. Don't just dig em out and dump the mud, hard to believe. I thought I was hard on my first T. I'll bet a half hour would have put the spider on top of the substrate.
  2. kormath

kormath Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Link? i'd like to see that.

i say it like it's spelled. brack e pelma I've heard one person on youtube say it with the ch soft like saying child. Makes me laugh when people say the ch part of words wrong, "I go to shool and have a shedule" :p
    Enn49 likes this.
  3. Enn49

Enn49 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

4. kormath

kormath Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

huh, so that shows the ch as the chuh sound like chug, but then in the list they show it as braa kee lol that's not confusing at all :D
Draft saved Draft deleted