• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP Lasiodora parahybana Not moving much

Keymond69

Hi can some one help please , my 8 cm Lasiodora parahybana has just moulted 2 weeks ago , she has been eating fine, as I went in there to feed her a cricket she’s really lethargic, I can literally move her upside down with little reaction? She is still alive but I’m not sure what to do ? I’ve had her 3 months ????

Attachments

• 7DD8EDDF-CE67-4577-9BE3-95D5EAA260D4.jpeg
    7DD8EDDF-CE67-4577-9BE3-95D5EAA260D4.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
  • 457A420B-8359-4C59-955C-8125BC23C9BC.jpeg
    457A420B-8359-4C59-955C-8125BC23C9BC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 69E70376-A3E7-4248-B46C-45AE90B9F7E2.jpeg
    69E70376-A3E7-4248-B46C-45AE90B9F7E2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
  • 4665FF3D-9AFF-4663-A81E-0830759A4261.jpeg
    4665FF3D-9AFF-4663-A81E-0830759A4261.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 34

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She may of had some issue due to the recent moult? All you can do is like mentioned above keep her on some damp substrate and water dish nearby and possibly place her mouth over it.. There's little else you can do but watch and wait :(

Keymond69

She may of had some issue due to the recent moult? All you can do is like mentioned above keep her on some damp substrate and water dish nearby and possibly place her mouth over it.. There's little else you can do but watch and wait :(
Ill
Be absolutely devastated if he/she dies, I got her from the spider shop and she had 7 legs , she’s moulted 2 3 weeks ago and grown her leg back , her moult looked fine.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I just got some M. balfouri with the exact same symptoms but it only lasted a few hours until they warmed up (temps here are in the teens today). They were lethargic because of the cold but that doesn't seem to be the issue with yours. This is quite puzzling as she doesn't seem to be dying (except for the fact that she doesn't move). What is her diet composed of?

Keymond69

I just got some M. balfouri with the exact same symptoms but it only lasted a few hours until they warmed up (temps here are in the teens today). They were lethargic because of the cold but that doesn't seem to be the issue with yours. This is quite puzzling as she doesn't seem to be dying (except for the fact that she doesn't move). What is her diet composed of?
I have the heating on the same all day and a little lower at night so she’s not cold , my other 14 ya are fine , I’ve just opened up her home and she was in the water dish , I refilled it when she was in there to see if she would react but nothing, if she is dying it’s a very slow death , she moves around but it’s like DKS , she has 4 medium crickets a week. Wish I could do somthing

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This is a complete mystery but I wouldn't give up quite yet. For all we know she might be back to normal tomorrow. Unfortunately there is also a chance it might not improve. Sometimes there are things that are just out of our control and it is what it is. I know how you must feel as I lost a few Ts and 40% of my body's skin when my garage exploded 2 years ago, but it doesn't mean you did anything wrong.
Crossing my fingers and sending good vibes her way.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sorry to hear about that mate.
Nothing to be sorry about mate, I am here, more or less in one piece and I have a whole new appreciation of life I would have never achieved before so it is all good.
If you have Amazon Prime video, there is a short documentary that was made about my accident. Look up "The Distinguished Gentleman" (not the Eddy Murphy movie), the documentary cover is a red helmet on fire ;)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
DKS is a internet myth.
Spiders that have these symptoms are either poisoned or have a bacterial infection. Since your feeding crickets (nasty dirty insects) I would yield to the side of a bacterial infection.

Keymond69

DKS is a internet myth.
Spiders that have these symptoms are either poisoned or have a bacterial infection. Since your feeding crickets (nasty dirty insects) I would yield to the side of a bacterial infection.
Oh ok so my other 13 Ts will get the same symptoms? Can you get the infection treated ? Also what shall I feed my Ts then.? I feed my slings bean weevils are they ok ?

Latest posts