• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP dying tarantula

mzr11

Hi everyone,
I shipped my tarantula across the country as I have just moved. I bought a 50 dollar kit and did everything I was supposed to do (from research) but it didn't go well. FedEx clearly threw her around and when I opened her up she was not moving. She is not in a death curl but does not move. I can pick her up and turn her over and she does not respond. Her abdomen is deflated and squishy but does not appear to be punctured.
I have her in a small container with warm wet paper towels on a heating pad with a water bowl inside and covered in a towel so its dark because my research suggests she is severely dehydrated (FedEx messed up and caused an extra day of shipping, totaling her to 3 days in the box).
I don't want any hate, I will drive her across the country if she makes it I just want help. I don't know what else to do or if I should take her out and put her in her enclosure or what. any suggestions would be great. I have not seen her move but my gut tells me shes still alive because she is movable, not stiff, and is not in a death curl, but she is completely unresponsive even when I blow on her or anything.
It now looks like something is leaking out of her abdomen! I'm sorry its a bad photo I just don't want to touch her.

Attachments

• IMG_9176-1.jpeg
    IMG_9176-1.jpeg
    845.2 KB · Views: 16

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
One thing you could do is to dust where it's leaking with corn flour to dry it up otherwise just make sure she gets water.

Latest posts