• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP: Curly Hair Sling Acting Like Depressed Teenager

asenese50

I have a 1-2cm Curly Hair sling. I’ve had it for about 2 weeks. Preface, i am a college student and my professor randomly gave me a sling as i was leaving school. I kept it in its little sauce cup for a week. It ate 2 fruit flies. It was active and never really hiding. I moved it into its new enclosure after a week.
*The new set up is perfect so the sling literally can’t be stressed*
When i put the sling in the new enclosure, it immediately started working on its burrow. I’ve been watching it so i know exactly where it is. The hole is tinyyyy but i can still see in there a little if its daytime. i can see the sling move a little in the burrow but thats about it. I know they like to hide but for almost 5-6 days the sling has not come out or wanted to eat. I don’t know if it’s going into molt or WHAT!!
I’ve seen other curly hair slings on social media, and when they’re ready to molt they have a really big black oval on their butt. With mine the butt is kind of entirely like indigo? it looks entirely the same as a normal curly hair sling besides the butt not having the black oval. Help?

Latest posts