• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello :)

Azi

3 Year Member
I'm new both here and in the hobbie, got myself Brazilian white knee juvenile and have fallen absolutely in love with it! will share pics as soon as i can, it recently molted 3 days ago so i think i should feed it either today or tommorow. hello everyone ^_^

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to the group. Nice spider to start out with in the hobby. I'd wait at least a week or until you notice it's fangs are black before feeding it.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome to the forum and the hobby:). I agree with what @Arachnoclown says about waiting a bit longer before feeding.

Azi

3 Year Member
Welcome to the group. Nice spider to start out with in the hobby. I'd wait at least a week or until you notice it's fangs are black before feeding it.

Thank you will definitely follow suit, was actually worried i might be leaving it a little too late, seeing as he barely ate for month during pre-molt.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you will definitely follow suit, was actually worried i might be leaving it a little too late, seeing as he barely ate for month during pre-molt.

Don't worry, Ts can go months without food, as long as it has access to water it will be fine

Azi

3 Year Member
Don't worry, Ts can go months without food, as long as it has access to water it will be fine
Excellent, another question if i may, should i take out his previously molted skin ASAP or leave it within his enclosure, what would recommend?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Excellent, another question if i may, should i take out his previously molted skin ASAP or leave it within his enclosure, what would recommend?
I personally leave the molt in until they start eating again...this avoids a injury to their soft exoskeleton while it's still hardening.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If you can get the moult easily without disturbing the T there is no harm in removing it but if it is in a hide or the T is very close to it then it is better to leave it. Ts are very vulnerable after a moult and can easily be harmed or stressed.

Azi

3 Year Member
If you can get the moult easily without disturbing the T there is no harm in removing it but if it is in a hide or the T is very close to it then it is better to leave it. Ts are very vulnerable after a moult and can easily be harmed or stressed.
Gotcha, will leave its enclosure as is then, thanks again.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Give it 7 days past molt before even bothering to check the fangs. If it's a larger or adult T, consider giving it an earthworm as it's first post molt meal. They're soft and less likely to harm fangs if you're wrong and they aren't quite 100% yet.

If it's too small for an earthworm, try a wax worm or hormworm. Otherwise normal feeders will be fine.

That's just something I do. It's not gospel.