• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello xx

Mweekie

Hi,

I currently only have 2 tarantulas - Chaos II (Chaco Golden Knee) and Truffle (Chilean Gold Burst), but I have owned several other species of tarantula in the past. I also own:

Cat - Winnie
Russian Dwarf Hamster - Minx
Corn Snake x 2 - Inca and Aztec
Leopard Gecko - Leo
Giant African Land Snail x 2 - Birch and Oak

I live in the UK, between Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire and I work for the Wildlife Trusts BCN. I also run a St John Ambulance Unit in Bedfordshire.

Looking forward to gaining more knowledge about tarantulas.

Mweekie xx

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
hello-37.gif

Jeef

3 Year Member
Greetings and welcome aboard!

Here is a pic of Charlie from 2 years ago. (S)he is too big to hold one handed anymore, hence the old picture.
0702191603a.jpg

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Any pics of the giant African land snail? I just looked it up and saw some pictures of people holding them like a small kitten or puppy.

They are illegal here in the U.S. as they potentially could wreak havoc on crops if they propagated in the wild.

SmartSelect_20220131-224419_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Mweekie

Wow, thank you for all the welcomes and apologies for my absence.

I've unfortnately had the dreaded COVID and between times been very busy at work as well.

My 2 T's are doing OK, in fact I upgraded their enclosures the other day and they seem to be doing well.

I am also starting to research arboreal T's but I am really unsure as to what would be a good one to start off with. I've never had an arboreal before and wanted to have a bit more information about their care - I was thinking about getting an A.Avic (I think now they are Carabena versicolour), is that a good one to start off with?

I won't be getting it until my birthday (July), so got plenty of time to research for it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mweekie xx

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello & welcome to the hobby & the forum. Maybe we will see you at the Eastern invertebrate Show in Bedford?

965b69a7c7197f9926444be8b3d25241571e3fd6b65cf19d38867ac48e8d6545-rimg-w960-h502-gmir.jpg

Mweekie

Hello & welcome to the hobby & the forum. Maybe we will see you at the Eastern invertebrate Show in Bedford?

965b69a7c7197f9926444be8b3d25241571e3fd6b65cf19d38867ac48e8d6545-rimg-w960-h502-gmir.jpg
Hi m0lsx:
Thanks for the welcome. I am hoping to be there - depends whether I can get the time off work or not. I will try and book it off, but I might even be over in Canada around that time seeing my brother - so will have to wait and see. Definitely hoping to go though as I enjoyed it last time I went - bought 2 spiderlings, but sadly neither survived, but that's sometimes what happens to tiny spiderlings.
Mweekie xx

Latest posts