• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello new member

sierraR

3 Year Member
Hi I am new to keeping pet tarantulas. I am a single mum with three boys,and two grandchildren.
my youngest son is ten and is my special needs baby. we recently found a male mojave tarantula which was the largest one weve ever seen in 29 years of living in the desert. he was a good 4 inches across. he was very docil and curiouse. we kept him for a couple weeks and he seemed to really like reaching up one arm and high fiving everyone. as well as the abundance of free fod we offered. we finally turned him loose again but he kept comming back to my bedroom window. lol! finally he wandered off back into the wild. this caused me to want another one.
we looked up dif kinds and decided on a chilean rose haired. her name is Juliet,and is realy awesome and beautiful!

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's an awesome story!! Welcome to the forums & the hobby! Looking forward to pics of Juliet!