• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello I just joined

lanny

3 Year Member
My name is Lanny. I'm an older hobbiest, I'm not new to tarantulas but I just got started again. At 1 time I had around 50. I like baboons pokes + old world species because I don't care for new world method of defense [ hairs].Last week I had no spiders now I have 7, 1 pink toe 3' 2 Haitian brown slings 1" + blue, king baboon sling 1/2" 1 lasidora kluge sling 1" + 2 thai tigers 3" = I'll probably get afew more I'm amazed how some of the prices have gone up. Some of the spiders I used to have were a quarter of the price I just payed but nothing ever costs less. I'm 72 years young + like I said I had spiders before but I need to remember some of the stuff I used to know. This forum will help. I live in Greenacres FL which is by Lake Worth Hello everyone

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey Lanny and welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've already got your hands full and so quickly. It's cool to see someone just jump right back into the hobby.
Thanks for joining us and congrats on all the new additions!

lanny

3 Year Member
thanks for the warm welcome.I've been looking at your forum + there 's some interesting animals now available. The next slings I want are some P. Cambridgei. I also would like to start a Dubai roach colony. I'll check the classifieds in a week or so [once my retirement check arrives] thanks again Lanny

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
If I remember correctly, from what I hear of course, dubias are illegal in FL. I think it's one of the few places they'd be able to survive year round in the US. If you find out that they are legal and can't find any locally, check these guys out--dubiaroachforsale.com

I got my roaches from them and they were healthy, well priced and you should get a decent over count as well a starter supply of food.

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
No problem. And not that I'm promoting law breaking or anything, but I was breeding animals considered as illegal in my state long before they legalized them. Just sayin...

travis669

3 Year Member
hey my names travis just recently got a tarantula last friday a grammostola rosea my first one not sure its age or sex was wondering if anyone had any pointers on how to figure this out

Cobalt

3 Year Member
hey my names travis just recently got a tarantula last friday a grammostola rosea my first one not sure its age or sex was wondering if anyone had any pointers on how to figure this out

There is not accurate way to tell what age your tarantula is..you can only guess.

If you want to know what sex your T is you will have to post a ventral picture in the Sexing thread.

Make your own thread in the future, this post does not belong here.

Latest posts