• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Northern California

CaliforniaTs

3 Year Member
I am new to the online tarantula world. I have had the pleasure of running into a couple Ts in the wild mostly in Southern California and Texas. I’m really hoping to find people in the Sacramento area who would like to go on field trips to see Ts in the wild. I have kept a few tarantulas before and really enjoyed it. I now have a bunch of slings and will be growing my collection here over the next year or so. Don’t be surprised if I ask a lot of questions about husbandry and breeding, which is something I have never done before.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@CaliforniaTs : Welcome aboard.....although I am eating my liver that you can just go out to the countryside and dig up/find Ts. Please consider showing us your breeding attempts..

smallbike

3 Year Member
Welcome! And check out the tarantula (aphonopelma smithi/iodius) tours on Mt. Diablo in the Bay Area in the fall (mating season). I haven’t been because they fill up so fast, but I’ve heard it’s awesome! I have an A. Seemanni and would love to see her wild cousins:T: