• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello From Michigan

bobertj

Robert here,

Very new to the hobby, but I do have reptile experience. I’m trying to figure out if I can keep a tarantula in my glass lidded terrarium and start there.

Blackdog

Welcome and what size-for the aquarium and the Tarantula. Life stages requires different sizes as well as terrestrial, arboreal or burrowing? So many T's to choose from.

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
Hi and Welcome ,as above says there can be different circumstances .Maybe leave a pic or say what size your terrarium is ,or what species of tarantula you thinking of getting someone will point you in the right direction .

Jeef

Greetings and welcome aboard!

Big thumbs up from me for posting this before you bought a tarantula! It's 1000 times better to say what will fit in here than getting something and wondering if it will fit and for how long. What are your enclosure dimensions?

What things about tarantulas appeal to you? You got all sorts of colors and behaviors to pick from.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome along. I have just been reading about the WW1 pilot Fred, (Friedrich Wilhelm,) Zinn who came from Battle Creek.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Robert here,

Very new to the hobby, but I do have reptile experience. I’m trying to figure out if I can keep a tarantula in my glass lidded terrarium and start there.

At the East of England Invertebrate Show last year I brought two enclosures & then went & found two spiders to put in them. In my case, I brought a Curtain Web & a Huntsman.

1.jpg