• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Cali

xray_chic

3 Year Member
My oldest T is a Chilean Rose I bought 12 years ago. I had no idea they lived so long.
I also have:

2-California ebony
Aphonopelma eutylenum

3-Brazilian salmon pink bird eater-
Lasiodora parahybana

1-Honduran Curly Hair
Brachypelma albopilosum

1-Mexican Fire Leg
Brachypelma boehmei

xray_chic

3 Year Member
Thank u.
I do have some pics...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

xray_chic

3 Year Member
Thanks
Lol. They are fat, yes. I don't feel like I'm feeding them a lot, but they'll take 3-4 crickets at a time. Especially the Lasiodora parahybanas. They are always enthusiastic eaters. They never skip a meal.

TheRealXavier

3 Year Member
2013-01-22_10-35-40_869.jpg
Nice pics @xray_girl!! I'm thinking of getting another T, I only have one. Just got her so I want to learn a little more before I add to the family. I'm currently eyeing a Monitor I recently saw. The guy at the pet store said if I buy the Monitor he'll give me his Pink Toe for free because interestingly enough he's terrified of spiders and doesn't want it in the store. I'm slightly reluctant because my girlfriend has a spider phobia - she hasn't been here since Jezebel (my Rose Hair) moved in but she has a cat and I hate cats... Maybe it's time for us to break up lol.

xray_chic

3 Year Member
Lol. It does sound as if you are at a stand still.
That's a pretty girl you got there.
I certainly love my Ts. I haven't purchased a new one in several years.
The ones I have are fairly easy to keep. I would check for care on the particular species you
Plan to purchase. The biggest factor I worry about is humidity. Some Ts will die if they get too dry.

TheRealXavier

3 Year Member
Humidity is extremely low in Colorado. I run a humidifier around the clock just for myself but I know it works for the her as well. She's easy to keep - once a week feedings, a little mist and fresh water. Much better than taking care of a dog. I believe the pink toe is as easy to keep as the rose hair but you're right - it's always better to learn about the species first.

xray_chic

3 Year Member
I recently purchased a "cave spider" and I was told this creature cannot tolerate getting dry. I have to pay extra attention to this guy because my Ts are ok if they get a little dry while this guy is not. Some Ts are like that too.
The cave spider is pretty cool though. Worth the extra effort.
With that said, Ts are definately the easiest pet I have, like you were saying :)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Gorgeous ts. Hope to hear more about them soon. Specially love your rosies does she have a name? My oldest t is a rose who Will be 26 this year.