• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello everyone.

TheGreatWhiteKoos

3 Year Member
Hallo all! I decided to join this site not only to learn from the more experienced tarantula keepers here, but also to share my experiences. I am situated in Johannesburg, South Africa.

About 3 years back, I got 3 tarantulas for my birthday and I was instantly infatuated with them. Those 3 tarantulas included 2 slings - 1 Brachypelma Smithi and 1 Grammostola Rosea. The third being a juvenile Brachypelma Albopilosum. Unfortunately, due to my inexperience, the B.Smithi died 1 month after, while the B.Albopilosum turned out to be a male and died middle 2012.

The G.Rosea is still going strong. I suspect it to be female, judging by the slow growth rate but there is always room for a surprise hey.

As of last year my collection increased a lot and it comprises of:
- 1-off Grammostola Rosea Female (3-3.25 inch)
- 1-off Brachypelma Vagans Female (3-3.24 inch) {Very bad tempered...tries to bite everything}
- 1-off Brachypelma Boehmei (0.5inch - Molted 2 days ago, just starting to see the colouration)
- 1-off Brachypelma Smithi (1 inch - this one is doing better than the previous one :))
- 1-off Cyclosternum Fasciatum (1 inch - Insanely Skiddish)
- 1-off Lasiodora Klugi (0.75inch - the "smallest" in my collection - at this point)
- 1-off Grammostola Pulchripes (1.25 inch - very sweet and docile)
- 1-off Nhandu Chromatus (1.25 inch - A bit nervous and burrows like a champion)
- 1-off Poecilotheria Regalis (3 inch) (Still needs a positive ID though and still unsexed)

looking forward to chatting with everyone here.

Kind Regards

TheGreatWhiteKoos

Attachments

• P.Regalis 7cm (2).jpg
    P.Regalis 7cm (2).jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 12
  • P.Regalis 7cm (3).jpg
    P.Regalis 7cm (3).jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 11
  • P.Regalis 7cm.jpg
    P.Regalis 7cm.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 12

TheGreatWhiteKoos

3 Year Member
Thank you DalilahBlue. It's the least I can do. I'll post pics every now and again. I'm going to our big reptile expo this weekend. will take a lot of photos and post them asap.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Your pokie is definitely not an ornata.
Post a pic showing the spiders leg pattern from below and we can try ID it.

TheGreatWhiteKoos

3 Year Member
Hi thanx Tgirl1010. After visiting the expo and comparing ventrals I have an regalis. Will post some pics as soon as I can get that Pokie of mine to sit on the glass. Thanx for your help Ceratogyrus...much appreciated

Latest posts