• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello everyone!!!

Nikolas

Hello to everyone! i'm Nikolas 38y from Greece/thessaloniki its nice to be here with all of you, a Thank you to administrator for accept my request to join the forum, i'm new to tarantula's passion i own three slings for first time in my life Br.emilia,Br.kahlenbergi,Gr.pulchripes what beautiful creatures! as a rookie i worry for the temp,humidity and food, specially for food.. my supplier gives me mealworms but sling it seems is impossible to kill and eat, the two Brachypelma are half inch and the Grammostola 1 inch. you believe that prekilled is must? or better to cut half the mealworms?

Thank you
Nikolas

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello Nikolas, welcome to the hobby.:)
I've never fed my slings mealworms, I give them very small crickets and not had a problem.

Nikolas

Hello Enn49 hello Kymura! nice to be here, i'm little stressed up but i'm sure i will find my path, i force my self to work on patience, the good think is that T.community must be very helpful and very informative to the forum. I read many great informations! patience and calm mood must be the key.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yassou! Welcome to the forum! :)
Lots of people cut mealworms up into small pieces to feed small tarantulas, I know from many pictures that it does work, but it didn't work well for me. Perhaps Australian species don't appreciate them as much as other species.
At the size you say they should easily be able to eat small crickets. Some people like to remove some of the crickets legs to make them easier to hunt and kill.
I cool my crickets in the fridge for 5 minutes or so before feeding, just so they are easier for me to catch, and if I cool them a bit longer the little spiders can catch them while they are still slow from the cold.
Don't worry too much if they won't eat, if their "bottoms" are nice and round they will be fine for a long time.
Welcome to the hobby!

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum, cut up mealworms will suffice. No need to worry about temperature and humidity (especially humidity). Room temperature will suffice.

Latest posts