• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello All!!

KHolyoak

3 Year Member
IMG_0485.JPG
Hello fellow T lovers,

Just got my first T on Tuesday, she is a GBB sling about 1&1/2"!
When I got her and put her in the terrarium I noticed she had molted during the shipping process. I guess this is fairly common?
She has been pretty active crawling all around the terrarium. I tried feeding her late last night but she wasn't hungry. I made sure the cricket was movement impaired so it couldn't hurt her even though I think she had healed enough after molting to not get hurt. I'll try feeding her again tonight!

Great to be here!

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
First and foremost, welcome to the forum we will pull you further into the hobby. As far as your GBB is concerned, excellent species to start with, they are quite skittish, but the color change with each molt is amazing. You got your tarantula on Tuesday right, plus it molted in transit? I would wait until this coming Tuesday to feed, that will give it a chance to harden up and get acclimated to its enclosure.

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
Such a gorgeous species to start will. Extremely heavy webbers as well [emoji1303].
I've never had one moult in transit, I can barely get mine to moult full stop [emoji19].
Welcome to the hobby and forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to TF. I've had a few molt in transit as well. I often wonder if stress is a factor..anyways they were all fine, no worries. Great species, you cant go wrong with a gbb

Latest posts