• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Headed to Repticon

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's in Baltimore fairgrounds, 10am to 3pm.

I'll see y'all there!!

Do I have to work tonight? Yes.

Do I have plenty of caffeine powder with which to fortify my lunch with? Yes.

This is gonna be good. I just realized my L klugi's enclosure has a mold outbreak. Aaaarggghh!!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok, I'm here. I got here early!! Usually it's like 15 minutes before closing.

In a distant Galaxy far far away....

I've heard that at rare times people that only exist online can cross the plane between cyberspace and the real world & you might even get to meet them, especially at expos.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ok, I'm here. I got here early!! Usually it's like 15 minutes before closing.

In a distant Galaxy far far away....

I've heard that at rare times people that only exist online can cross the plane between cyberspace and the real world & you might even get to meet them, especially at expos.

The last 15 minutes are when you get the bargains, When sellers don't want to take stuff back home so they sell at really low prices.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok, I found the perfect tarantula. Patrick is my 2nd arboreal tarantula. The only flaw is that he's a male.

Today, I found a female. She's to young to breed & Patrick will probably be too old when she matures out, but that's not the point.

Morgana is just as calm and lovely to work with as her fellow P striata. The P vittata slings are definitely more jumpy, more of that Tweak South Park or spirit of Ren & Stimpy vibe going on. Still, not at all bad to deal with.

Honestly, P striata can be a wonderful 2nd arboreal. I would never recommend a pokie, even a perfect little angel, as your first arboreal regardless of the fact you could get away with it. They are old world, faster then greased lightning & pack one hell of a bite should that occur. (Less then 1% but still....)

Get a C versicolor first to find out what makes arboreal species tick. Then you'll be fine. Anyway, here's the video.

This time I actually sorta shot it right. My smaller phone camera stand works better. Who knew? It's one of the same ones Dark Den uses.

The sellers, Classic Jurassic Exotics, are just wonderful people. I was going to go with P irminia, but made an off hand comment about my P striata & it's too bad he's a male. After finding out that they had several P striata slings, they went around to several other vendors & spent nearly an hour looking back and forth at her to increase the chances of getting a female as much as possible. All in all, they are 80% sure she's female, thus $80 instead of $100.

Anyway, enjoy the video & I'm up way past my bedtime.

Hint hint, if you have an arboreal that doesn't ever and will never use the substrate, it doesn't much matter what that substrate is. Therefore vermaculite is just fine even though I'd never do that to any terrestrial tarantula. Do I look like a certain someone? (She's way easier on the eyes then I am!!)

Unlike C versicolor & other avics, an elevated water dish isn't necessary. These guys and gals dominate the entire cage.

Last edited: