• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Havent moved

Deserthawk

my brachypelma hamorri hasnt moved the whole day and looks like its not in a good condition(im not sure tho). It molted last friday and i havent given it anything to eat till now. Should i give it something to eat today( its only been 5 days). Is it fine or should i do something??

Attachments

• 0B976D84-0BE7-4886-8DB6-E5BE76E14531.jpeg
    0B976D84-0BE7-4886-8DB6-E5BE76E14531.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
  • F4A30F6B-B75B-434C-95A2-39EE5EE54123.jpeg
    F4A30F6B-B75B-434C-95A2-39EE5EE54123.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34

Nunua

3 Year Member
My Augacephalus ezendami hasn't moved since 7 am (it's now 20:40 / 8:40 pm) and she is perfectly fine ;) Based on the photos, there is nothing wrong with your B. hamorii. Sometimes tarantulas just decide to stay still for hours. Also, you said yours molted last Friday - Tarantulas may take quite a while doing postmolt stretching even in weird postures, so no need to worry :)

5143cf010a.png

Deserthawk

My Augacephalus ezendami hasn't moved since 7 am (it's now 20:40 / 8:40 pm) and she is perfectly fine ;) Based on the photos, there is nothing wrong with your B. hamorii. Sometimes tarantulas just decide to stay still for hours. Also, you said yours molted last Friday - Tarantulas may take quite a while doing postmolt stretching even in weird postures, so no need to worry :)

5143cf010a.png
Thanks.
I got a bit worried

Deserthawk

5143cf010a.png
When do you think i should start feeding it??

Nunua

3 Year Member
@Deserthawk You can start trying after you see your tarantula's fangs being pitch black, but remove the prey if your hamorii seems to be spooked / uncomfortable :) Some individuals could take up to three weeks before accepting feeders. Depends on their size and how fast they do harden up. Its abdomen looks fine, so there is nothing to worry about

Last edited:

Deserthawk

5143cf010a.png
So being like this for hours are normal yeah?

Attachments

• B1BAFBD1-A9DF-4BEB-BFD1-B293E18941BA.jpeg
    B1BAFBD1-A9DF-4BEB-BFD1-B293E18941BA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10

Nunua

3 Year Member
Guys already answered to the third photo but yes, absolutely normal :)
Think it in this way: You've been given new clothes. They're two sizes too small, but you must wear them. You know that if you keep stretching them, they'll fit perfectly and you have full mobility, but you feel that they're constantly getting more and more stiff. You realize that you have only a certain amount of time to stretch your clothes before the sleeves and pant legs won't stretch anymore - What would you do? :D

Last edited:

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Think it in this way: You've been given new clothes. They're two sizes too small, but you must wear them. You know that if you keep stretching them, they'll fit perfectly and you have full mobility, but you feel that they're constantly getting more and more stiff. You realize that you have only a certain amount of time to stretch your clothes before the sleeves and pant legs won't stretch anymore - What would you do? :D
I love that explanation! :cool:

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
go on a diet....ha ha

I am joking. Great explanation

Deserthawk

You have a good way to explain stuff...thanks

Latest posts