• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Haplocosmia himalayana care sheet

Keymond69

Can anybody help me with the care sheet, I've got a 2-3 cm sling in a abdoral set up but it seems to be making a burrow and staying in it alot of the time. I've put enough substrate in it for her to do that , she also feeds quite a lot?

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Can anybody help me with the care sheet, I've got a 2-3 cm sling in a abdoral set up but it seems to be making a burrow and staying in it alot of the time. I've put enough substrate in it for her to do that , she also feeds quite a lot?
H Himalayana is a fossorial species so an arboreal set up is no good for it so that needs to be changed, as long as there is plenty of sub and a water dish it will be fine -
Our female is in a 32oz tall deli cup which she has dug right down to the bottom.. She did have a hide but buried that and her water dish.. She likes her sub slightly damp and she to is a good feeder :)

Keymond69

H Himalayana is a fossorial species so an arboreal set up is no good for it so that needs to be changed, as long as there is plenty of sub and a water dish it will be fine -
Our female is in a 32oz tall deli cup which she has dug right down to the bottom.. She did have a hide but buried that and her water dish.. She likes her sub slightly damp and she to is a good feeder :)
Yes there is plenty of substrate but she loves to climb on the Cork bark aswell