• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Handling Tarantulas

andrewpzb

3 Year Member
i got a tarantula yesterday how long so i give it to settle in b4 getting it out n handing it its Brachyplema albopilosum

BigOtto

3 Year Member
Handling T's isn't really recommended for many reasons. But if your bound and determined to play with it, let it sit for a week maybe two. Feed it, once it's fed then give it a try.

laurarfl

3 Year Member
I handle my G rosea as part of an educational presentation. She is very docile and I've owned her for 6 years. I'm not sure when I'll feel comfortable handling my B albopilosum. I did handle it when I first got it, to take photos. Fast little bugger!

jetfire

3 Year Member
I don't handle mine very often, just to take pics. Maybe, once a month.she's not as laid back as my Red-knee was,she's a fairly nervous spider.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I feel it's too risky to handle them so I avoid it if I can

BigOtto

3 Year Member
I do handle my Lp, and G. pulchripes when I do maintenance. I would not dream of trying it with any of my pokies, they are far to fast for me to handle them safely.

Donk

3 Year Member
I dont tend to handle my Rosea....she got grumpy after her last moult...before that if I went into her enclousre she would walk onto my hand and if I was near the enclousre she would come to the front (she lives in the front room).....and she has been used in an alternative/gothic photoshoot with my friend alice......this with with me onsite and about 2 feet away luckily alice was comfortable with incy and sat whilst i discussed trantulas etc before letting her near......as a result she now has 2 pet T`s

Latest posts