• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hair Flicking question!!?

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Ok so I just got my mexican fire leg today and when i was putting her in the new enclosure she started flicking like crazy!!!! I used a ink pen to just nudge her with and now my hands are breaking out with a couple of lil bumps that kinda look like mesquito bite and its red! Is this from the hair flicking?Thanks

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wait. Milk and tape(seperately) supposedly work. depending on the species they can spread em pretty far. I've been hit by a Blondi from 4' away. Boehmei can get you from a couple feet too.

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
Unfortunately that species is known for being flicky and itchy. I have heard Benadryl can help some too. Never use hot water to rinse after you have been haired. Use cold. I have heard duct tape can help too. I personally haven't been haired but I don't think it could hurt to try some tape :)

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
yea I washed with cold soap n water and then took a shower! Not itching anymore. This is my first experience with tarantulas! I dont care about the hair she is amazing LOL

Latest posts