• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

H pulchripes sent out to breeder

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My H pulchripes matured out to be a male. I sent him off to a breeder today. What are the chances of success for this species? Since I can't house a zillion slings, I just asked for 3 to be sent back if breeding is successful as well as 2 other specimens in trade who I will not identify until I get them.

He has bred some before but not this species. The little guy was wandering around the cage everywhere so I had to give him a chance.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've done what I can do. Don't be afraid to get an unsexed sling. If you get a mature male, send him out and get some other tarantulas or a certain number of slings back such that you will get a chance of getting a female.

H pulchripes Hybris cage care 1.jpg
H pulchripes what sex 1.jpg

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I still haven’t seen one of these in person. Like a lot of tarantula photos it seems like the acual leg colors aren’t coming through and it has me intrigued. One of these days....

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The upper photo catches the basic tone of the legs but they are far more brilliant as it appears to the naked eye. Pics don't do justice to them.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I still haven’t seen one of these in person. Like a lot of tarantula photos it seems like the acual leg colors aren’t coming through and it has me intrigued. One of these days....

There are still some tones digital cameras came catch. If you can get one do so.

Because a sac is not guaranteed, I traded him for a suspect male and a suspect female P vittata. 2 for 1.

Bonnie and Clyde arrived safe and sound.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love to get more as well but there is a space consideration. I've asked for 3 back. The most important thing is getting more of these wonderful tarantulas out there for everyone.

Also, I got 2 P vittata slings, a suspect male and suspect female as well. After all, there's no guarantee that the pairing will be successful.

Here's some more pics of the 2 P vittata slings. The suspect male is almost a juvenile. He was packed into a larger vial for shipping. So far as I know, they are from the same egg sac.

P vittata Bonnie 6.jpg
P vittata Clyde 2.jpg
P vittata Bonnie 5.jpg

Latest posts