• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

H. Mac

Checkmate

Formerly 'voldemort'
3 Year Member
I keep mine in an acrylic 8x8x14 enclosure from Jamie's (arboreal setup). She hangs out near the top when she's out and about but she's in her webbed-up back corner the rest of the time. She even molted back there, diagonally, against the side of the enclosure. I rarely see her on the ground so I prefer the arboreal setup.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I keep mine in an acrylic 8x8x14 enclosure from Jamie's (arboreal setup). She hangs out near the top when she's out and about but she's in her webbed-up back corner the rest of the time. She even molted back there, diagonally, against the side of the enclosure. I rarely see her on the ground so I prefer the arboreal setup.
Iteresting. How big is yours? Mine is currently very small. Maybe a1/4 inch i have it set up as arboral it does both for me. It willl hang out on top. But Retreat to the bottom if startled .

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I keep mine in an arboreal terrarium but rarely see it out and about, it spends most of its time at ground level.

Checkmate

Formerly 'voldemort'
3 Year Member
Iteresting. How big is yours? Mine is currently very small. Maybe a1/4 inch i have it set up as arboral it does both for me. It willl hang out on top. But Retreat to the bottom if startled .
About 5" DLS I think. Mine is out a lot and not as reclusive as ones I've read or heard about. I got her at around 4-4.5". You have pics?

Lee'scrazybeasts

3 Year Member
As a sling they like to burrow so I used an old tub. Never saw her for first year then as she started showing signs of climbing I moved her into an arboreal house with a hollow Egyptian bust. Now she has buried herself at the bottom.... I know she alive as she squirts her poo at the windows

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
As a sling they like to burrow so I used an old tub. Never saw her for first year then as she started showing signs of climbing I moved her into an arboreal house with a hollow Egyptian bust. Now she has buried herself at the bottom.... I know she alive as she squirts her poo at the windows
I have mine in a arboral set up. But its just stays under its cork bark. Ive only seen it behaving as a arboral once. But then again its only around .5"

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have mine in a arboral set up. But its just stays under its cork bark. Ive only seen it behaving as a arboral once. But then again its only around .5"

At that size many arboreal slings will burrow. I tend to give them a little less substrate as they grow in the hope of encouraging the to move upwards.

Latest posts