• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gum Bark?

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
Would that be the same as eucalyptus? I use eucalyptus mulch in my redfoot, yellowfoot and manouria tortoise enclosures. I like it. It has no adverse affect on tortoises, but I don't know about spiders.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Would that be the same as eucalyptus? I use eucalyptus mulch in my redfoot, yellowfoot and manouria tortoise enclosures. I like it. It has no adverse affect on tortoises, but I don't know about spiders.
Thanks,I bought a large bag of it(on sale!) but it just states Gumbark on the label its packaged by Prorep ? its a redish brown in colour,i have red foot tortoises so it would be great if I could use it for them also-but I'm unsure as to weather its safe to use for the Ts?
it just says on the label ,perfect fro dry arid environments?

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
Then it sounds like you shouldn't keep it moist, so I wouldn't use it for my redfoot tortoises. I tried looking it up online and couldn't learn much about the product. But it does say good for dry or moist environments. Until you learn more about the product, I'd not use it.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Then it sounds like you shouldn't keep it moist, so I wouldn't use it for my redfoot tortoises. I tried looking it up online and couldn't learn much about the product. But it does say good for dry or moist environments. Until you learn more about the product, I'd not use it.
That's the problem I had-I couldn't find much info about it? I haven't used any of it but I'm going to try contacting Prorep directly and see if they can advice me anymore about it?
thanks for your advice :)

Latest posts