• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Guess another male...

Freyjios

Just to confirm, this is a male right?
So tired of buying a t as unsexed and they all turn out to be male.
Last time I buy "unsexed"

Attachments

• IMG_20220508_233348.jpg
    IMG_20220508_233348.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220508_233353.jpg
    IMG_20220508_233353.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220508_233406.jpg
    IMG_20220508_233406.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah, unfortunately its a gamble.

Some people buy multiples in the hopes of getting a female. ( i have done that but it will be quite a while before i will be able to know.)

I have also spent more money and bought a sexed female from a reputable breeder/dealer/ seller.

Either way, but at least with the last option you will get a female ( from a reputable breeder/dealer)

Oh, what species is that?

Freyjios

Yeah, unfortunately its a gamble.

Some people buy multiples in the hopes of getting a female. ( i have done that but it will be quite a while before i will be able to know.)

I have also spent more money and bought a sexed female from a reputable breeder/dealer/ seller.

Either way, but at least with the last option you will get a female ( from a reputable breeder/dealer)

Oh, what species is that?
Next time I'll definitely pay more go vrh a female and from a reputable seller as well. Now I'm stuck with 3 males. And one of them was bought as female. Just sucks. Its a B Emilia

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Next time I'll definitely pay more go vrh a female and from a reputable seller as well. Now I'm stuck with 3 males. And one of them was bought as female. Just sucks. Its a B Emilia

Pretty easy to sex at 3" with most species.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Sorry to hear that. It can be disappointing, although for me my males are interesting in that i can watch them mature, which i have not seen yet.

You may be able to sell the males now or once in maturity.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That sucks to be stuck with a male when purchasing a female. I would recommend not buying anything over two inches unsexed if your only wanting a female.

I prefer males, I actually like the look of them more then alot of females. I have found them actually to be more profitable. I've split multiple sacks from one male. 3 sacks in my record so far, 870 slings total (Poecilotheria ornata). 2600+ slings for one male male Pokie to father is pretty cool.

Latest posts