• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

*Grumbles* My centipede went missing

Roo

3 Year Member
I still don't understand how this thing got out, sure it was young and small but the airholes in it's container were pinpricks and the lid seals down pretty well. Yet I somehow have an escaped centipede :/

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I know that centipedes need much more specific enclosures than other types of invertebrates to prevent escapes. From what I've heard and to a degree seen, They can squeeze through ridiculously tiny gaps. This is one reason I am not exactly in a rush to get one, because it just seems like a ridiculous amount of work to put into one enclosure to prevent escapes. Good luck to you, hope you find it soon.

Roo

3 Year Member
I know that centipedes need much more specific enclosures than other types of invertebrates to prevent escapes. From what I've heard and to a degree seen, They can squeeze through ridiculously tiny gaps. This is one reason I am not exactly in a rush to get one, because it just seems like a ridiculous amount of work to put into one enclosure to prevent escapes. Good luck to you, hope you find it soon.

I hope I find it before one of the cats or house spiders do :D

Lee Sanchez

3 Year Member
Got me nervous enough. I've never had a centipede but caught two tigers a few days ago when looking for millipedes. I notice they shark around under the coir so it is hard to know if they are there or not and I'm not filtering the substrate. I'll have to wait for the explosion of coir when they ambush a cricket. The big one is scary looking

Latest posts