• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

reptilegirl

Hello everyone!!

Just about a month and a half ago I got my first tarantula! I don’t believe I’m able to sex it yet, so I’ve decided it’s a girl named Morticia. Anyways she’s a pink toed tarantula and has the cutest little pink toes. Everything has seemed to be going well, but recently she webbed herself up into the corner. I thought she must be molting, but based on what I’ve read, molting doesn’t take that long… and she’s been in there about a week now. She has moved a little bit and her toes are no longer pink - instead they look like they have gloves on. Which I’m thinking is the shed? My question is if this seems normal or is it taking too long? Is something potentially wrong and if so, is there something I can do to help her?

I also read on here that we introduce our other pets besides tarantulas.. I currently have a leopard gecko, a painted turtle, a Pacman frog and a cat… and of course my newest addition Morticia whom I’m hoping is ok. I’ve never cared for a spider before but I imagine that they’re pretty resilient so I’m hoping she’s okay in her corner. She’s been eating fine so apart from this, everything has been going smoothly.

I would appreciate this advice! Thanks and hope to be chatting soon. Also I’m going to attach a photo of how she is now…

Attachments

• 9441672F-E64D-4116-AE17-8CD7111D8F4D.jpeg
    9441672F-E64D-4116-AE17-8CD7111D8F4D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 29CBFE75-2C83-4F46-8291-29AC444A96C3.jpeg
    29CBFE75-2C83-4F46-8291-29AC444A96C3.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome. :)
Congratulations on your first T. We will need pictures when she finally moults.

Latest posts