• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Grammostola pulchra stridulating

DonnaG

3 Year Member
I was trying to take pictures of my male juvie Grammy. Had the lid up and trying to get my phone just right to take a picture. He was chewing on his greenery. Suddenly this really weird sound came out of him. It wasn’t a hiss. It was more like a little bird chirping very fast. Totally freaked me out. I wish I had recorded it.
Has anyone else had a Grammostola stridulate?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not a grammastola, no..and the few I've heard sounded like whispering, or a soft crackling sound, nothing like a bird. Was it plastic greenery he was chewing on? Maybe thats what made the sound?

DonnaG

3 Year Member
It was a silk plant leaf he was chewing on. Maybe that was it. It was the weirdest sound I’ve ever heard. And I know it was coming from his enclosure. Strange.

DonnaG

3 Year Member
No, no crickets. It didn't sound like a cricket at all. It was a very fast high pitched trill. I'll try to get him to do it again and I'll try to video/record it.

DonnaG

3 Year Member
Well, darn it. I tried to get him to do it again and record it, but he was hiding between corkbark pieces and didn’t do it. Oh well.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
When my Stimi does it it doesn't sound like a bird, it sounds like...
20171125_210554.jpg
GET OUT OF MY ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Latest posts