• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got lucky..

Rmac88

3 Year Member
Me and my daughter caught my new B. albo sling doing some decorating. (S)he started off just climbing around, I guess exploring

50da411a9d596a7970459ed15339eef5.jpg

Within an hour it started grabbing mouthfuls of substrate from under its leaf hide and depositing them,one at a time, inside of his/her water dish. It was fascinating to watch and it kept my 4 year olds attention for more than five seconds so I call it a win! [emoji16]

a6be795762fb55daffc1f43763c3329d.jpg

Mouthful of sub in that picture if you look hard enough

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Rmac88

3 Year Member
They're looking nice and chubby too!
It is quite the chunker haha!
Baby albos are part bulldozer. Very cute! Glad your little one got to observe.

I adore how busy they are. And they are good looking T's grown as well :)
The little bugger is quite fascinating, my daughter was mesmerized watching it work.

I have heard that B. albo slings are quite the little burrowers, however mine still has not burrowed. It appears to have dug a giant trench under its leaf hide, and just sits down in the bottom, almost as if its just relaxing down there [emoji1]

VanessaS

3 Year Member
It might take a while before they burrow, or they might not do it at all. The two that I have had for a while burrow right down to the bottom. The new addition hasn't had time yet.
They might not ever burrow, though. As adults they stay on the surface.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
All 3 of mine burrowed to the bottom eventually but I could still see them scuttling around moving substrate almost constantly.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I stuck an empty vial in the center of my enclosure (filled with glass beads for weight) packed the sub around it and over it so I always had a good view of mine. They are honestly one of my favorite T's. Just so industrious all the time :D

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Both of mine start their burrows as a scrape under the hide. Then later they'll bulldoze down to the bottom and tunnel around. My vagans is just as bulldozery since his last molt.

Rmac88

3 Year Member
Oh my gosh so I just fed the little booger and its entire enclosure is different lmao! I love it such a little bulldozer. Sometime last week I decided to put a second water dish in instead of digging up the first one :-0 only to find today that (s)he has buried that one as well hahaha.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Think I ended up with five bottle cap dishes in mine when I rehoused her. Guess they like things their way :p

Latest posts