• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got a G. rosea sling!

khatchet

3 Year Member
I got a G. rosea sling yesterday, it is in pre molt now. I will try to post a photo after the molt, not sure if my camera can pick it up at its size though.

khatchet

3 Year Member
Yeah, every one just keeps asking me why I have 4 G. rosea. I also almost picked up an lp today, at the expo. I hope there are some there again when if go back in a few month.

rénee

3 Year Member
lmao well have different species that we prefer over another, plus G. Rosea's are probably one of the more easier, laid back types.. unless you get 1 who has an attitude :p

Im wondering what will be at the next expo here too. Probably nothing since only 3 T's are legal are where i live :(

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Eh, that's hugely debatable tbh. G.rosea are notorious for being moody and having mood swings, so they're not the best for handling IMO. Brachypelma (most) are better for that.

khatchet

3 Year Member
I actually like A. Avicularia more than G. rosea, but I do love them all so I just get what ever seems to come to me. There is the St louis reptile show here about every 2 month, so that is amazing.
It sucks that tou can not legally buy them where you are.

khatchet

3 Year Member
Most off my G. rosea have been moody, but I do not handle any of mine so it does not matter to me.

rénee

3 Year Member
Oh sorry, i wasn't necessarily talking about handling. I mean my girl is pretty moody at times too, but never have i had hairs flicked or had her try to charge or anything. I guess compared to a lot of other species out there I've just read G. Rosea's tend to be a bit more calmer. I still don't think i would ever handle mine, at first i thought it would be "fun", but fun for who.. me? Definitely not her I'm sure..

But hey, i guess it depends too, some people probably have pretty "docile" Rosea's or even say some pokies, but then some may have more aggressive/skittish, moody Rosea's and same goes for pokies.

As for the by-law on the T's I'm pretty sure thats only for the city, BUT out of the city i think its legal. So its as easy as just shipping the T's to my boyfriends parents place, i'll find a way to sneak more in ;)

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh sorry, i wasn't necessarily talking about handling. I mean my girl is pretty moody at times too, but never have i had hairs flicked or had her try to charge or anything. I guess compared to a lot of other species out there I've just read G. Rosea's tend to be a bit more calmer. I still don't think i would ever handle mine, at first i thought it would be "fun", but fun for who.. me? Definitely not her I'm sure..

But hey, i guess it depends too, some people probably have pretty "docile" Rosea's or even say some pokies, but then some may have more aggressive/skittish, moody Rosea's and same goes for pokies.

As for the by-law on the T's I'm pretty sure thats only for the city, BUT out of the city i think its legal. So its as easy as just shipping the T's to my boyfriends parents place, i'll find a way to sneak more in ;)
Individual personalities can vary, but as a general rule, G.porteri/rosea tend to be rather moody. There are many calmer beginner's species out there, such as A.chalcodes, B.albopilosum, B.smithi, B.boehmei, B.emilia, Euthlus sp and many more.

I have found G.rosea to be less calm for the most part, but I have seen many feisty G.porteri as well.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love my porteri, but she can get moody about some things, (roach's)
I want one of the really red color form rosea's and a reg one as well ;d

khatchet

3 Year Member
tarantula sling.jpg

Latest posts