• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got a bunch of free tarantulas.

AnAngryBull

Need help iding. None of them where Labeled at all.
2db47f01ec6db46f3b5d768716b02108.heic
IMG_3304.jpg
IMG_3305.jpg
IMG_3308.jpg
IMG_3312.jpg
IMG_3314.jpg
IMG_3315.jpg
IMG_3316.jpg
IMG_3317.jpg
IMG_3318.jpg
IMG_3304.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnAngryBull

1. Pterinopelma sazimai
2. Harpactira pulchripes
3.Pterinopelma sazimai
4.Grammostola sp. north
5. Grammostola sp. iheringi
6.Grammostola pulchripes
7. Grammostola pulchra
8. Harpactira pulchripes
9. Pterinopelma sazimai
10. Pterinopelma sazimai

Bloody awesome haul. Some pricey Ts there.

Also got 3 M. balfouri slings in a communal :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I was just sitting at work and saw a post in the worldwide tarantula page on facebook. The guy was in houston lol. Not pictured is 3 M. balfouri and a obt

Wow. Maybe I should reconsider my stance on FB. I've never wanted to do it and never seen a need.

Well that is an awful lot of spiders to take care of. You must feel completely overwhelmed. Just go ahead and send me as many of them as you want to lighten your load. I'll even pay for the shipping. :)

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I need to get rid of the red runner colony lol they gross me out im going to try and sell for a dubia colony
I have both. I use the lats for most of my Ts. I only use the dubia for the large adults. The little dubia dig down and hide, while the B. lats run around until they run into the tarantula and get caught. Also, the tiny baby lateralis are perfectly sized for tiny slings.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's an amazing collection.

Fortunately, Ts aren't all that expensive to maintain. A whole box of 50 crickets is like $5 at PetSmart.

Be a little bit mindful with the OWs. Put their enclosures into a large sterilite tote before doing cage maintenance or pulling out uneaten feeders. Also whenever you have to open up the enclosure.

You'll do just fine. Great collection!!

Don't get rid of the H pulchripes. Hopefully you have a male and a female.

Are you sure #2 is H pulchripes and not another type? It looks a little bit different from the one that is obviously H pulchripes. It might be another Harpactira species. Here's mine.

H pulchripes Hybris adapting 3.jpg

Last edited:

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Wow, to think I missed this because I hate fb so much. Glad it went to a good person though. I’ve never tried red runners but I may take then off your hands if you don’t want them. Congratulations!

Also, its nice to know that there is at least one other tarantula person in the 4th largest city in the nation! I can’t believe there aren’t more people in such a big city.

Latest posts