• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Goodbye to Nike

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lost my little P. irminia due to bad molt today. :(

It only molted once ever since I got it last April. Two nights ago, it was on its back and I'm sure it is going to molt again. After waiting the longest time, it never progress from there. When I checked early this morning, mites were already infesting the abdomen and it as shrunken like a raisin. There was fluid coming from its mouth area.

Feeling so bad for my irminia, I guess I could have done something more but didn't. Oh well, till next time. Maybe I'll come across another irminia someday.

Just want to share with you guys the bad news. How's everyone doing? Been busy writing and processing papers so I only got to read post and my phone is getting full of photos I haven't shared lately. But still doing mostly fine, happy T keeping still except for this blow today.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm so sorry, it's always hard to lose one. :( Don't blame yourself, there is nothing you could have done.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh no hun! So so sorry :'(
No anything that you could have really done.
Bad molts just suck.
Had three, now have two, almost exactly the same.
Glad that your others are all doing well for you.

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yup, sucks big time. Glad you're all here, we can console each other. Really hard losing a T. :(

Latest posts