• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Good sling home?

arachbiodude

Acanthoscuria geniculata. Coir for substrate. A cork bark hide and a Sprite bottle cap for water. The little sling is in pic. It may have too much room.

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 22

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How big is the sling?

What size deli cup is that?

Here is what I do:

For a 1/2" A. genic I would use a 3/4 oz or 1 oz souffle cup with substrate and moss. Dampen the moss every week and the sling can drink from the moss - no water dish required.

Here is a 1" A genic (or any terrestrial) sling in a 2 oz deli cup, substrate and moss
PXL_20220112_021304930.jpg
PXL_20220112_021226036.jpg

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Won't the little sling jump out of there when you go to feed it?
not if you're careful and ready for that

Put the deli cup in an empty shoe box, I use plastic sterilite bins, and have a catch cup and paint brush handy

If the sling bolts when you open it's enclosure it will be in the shoe box and you can manage it/contain it before it gets away

they usually "pretend not to be seen" and crouch, or await a food item

once they grab the feeder, they ain't going no where, so you can water or do whatever as long as you don't disturb them directly

Latest posts