• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Good old world to start with

ryanm7277

Tom Moran has a video, I think it was the stout leg he suggested as well as several other, I hear the horned baboons are good ones as well, or atleast those are the ones I am contemplating when I decide to take the plunge. Although I think I have also heard that if you do the psalmopeus genus(new world arboreals) might get you use to ready for handling the speed of the old worlds.

Tn tarantula

Tom Moran has a video, I think it was the stout leg he suggested as well as several other, I hear the horned baboons are good ones as well, or atleast those are the ones I am contemplating when I decide to take the plunge. Although I think I have also heard that if you do the psalmopeus genus(new world arboreals) might get you use to ready for handling the speed of the old worlds.
I'll be getting the tapinauchenius violaceous and the tapinauchenius cupreus from the research I've done both are new world but have the speed of the old world the teleporting speed as they call it

Tarantulafeets

I'll be getting the tapinauchenius violaceous and the tapinauchenius cupreus from the research I've done both are new world but have the speed of the old world the teleporting speed as they call it
Some say Tapies are faster than some old worlds:oops:

Some good first OW are Ceratogyrus marshalli and darlingi, H pulchripes, and M balfouri.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Some say Tapies are faster than some old worlds:oops:

Some good first OW are Ceratogyrus marshalli and darlingi, H pulchripes, and M balfouri.
It's the fastest spider I've ever had in my collection easily. They also jump great distances. I'd rather try to catch a pokie on the run then a gigas.

Ceratogyrus darlingi are excellent first time old world spiders. My personal favorite is however another gigas..... Hysterocrates gigas.
20190120_140311.jpg

Tn tarantula

It's the fastest spider I've ever had in my collection easily. They also jump great distances. I'd rather try to catch a pokie on the run then a gigas.

Ceratogyrus darlingi are excellent first time old world spiders. My personal favorite is however another gigas..... Hysterocrates gigas. View attachment 67681
The darlingi may be the first old world I get

setsunadiava

Ayyyyy I literally logged on to suggest more or less the same thing! Tom Morgan’s videos have really guided me in my tarantula journey!

New2T’s

3 Year Member
Ceratogyrus Darlingi would be my first pick for an Old World. My girl is so chill. She doesn’t throw threat poses and isn’t defensive. My next would be the H. Pulchripes and M. Balfouri. Both of mine are chill.

Good luck with whatever you get

ThePog

3 Year Member
nice! I picked my girl up not too long ago and she definitely loves her burrow (about 5-6 in deep) and will retreat into it when disturbed but loves to hang around up on ground level where I can see her and all her beauty. That shot I took right after a molt and I was absolutely star stricken by her beauty. I stared at her for a straight hour. Great feeding response and sure loves her superworms.

New2T’s

3 Year Member
łnice! I picked my girl up not too long ago and she definitely loves her burrow (about 5-6 in deep) and will retreat into it when disturbed but loves to hang around up on ground level where I can see her and all her beauty. That shot I took right after a molt and I was absolutely star stricken by her beauty. I stared at her for a straight hour. Great feeding response and sure loves her superworms.
I totally agree. They are absolutely beautiful especially after a molt. Love the peach color hairs they have.I Mine stays above ground most of the time. Even when I get her enclosure out and open lid she doesn’t run. She just sits there by her burrow.

Tn tarantula

I totally agree. They are absolutely beautiful especially after a molt. Love the peach color hairs they have.I Mine stays above ground most of the time. Even when I get her enclosure out and open lid she doesn’t run. She just sits there by her burrow.
I can't wait to get mine I heard they are pretty good Webber's as well

Tn tarantula

I have to get all my enclosures but I will get a couple of them

Latest posts