• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Good for a gbb?

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Finally picked up a gbb. What do you guys think of the enclosure?
20200926_162607.jpg
20200926_162607.jpg
20200926_162610.jpg

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Excellent. Plenty of room to climb around. Lots of spots to web. Water dish.. Please make sure there is plenty of cross ventilation. This species does poor in a wet stuffy environment .
It's in a kritter keeper, so the top is heavily ventilated and the room usually has a ceiling fan running. If it seems to hold too much humidity I'll melt some vent holes in the sides. Thanks for the advice!

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
So far it.is exploring the top of the enclosure several times. Bottom is untouched d. But I think it's too wet still. Substrate was a bit moist out of the bag.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I use an enclosure like that for my GBB & I found I needed to put some paper across half the top of the enclosure, so that I could remove the enclosure lid & not destroy the GBB's webbing. The paper looks a little messy when the lid is off, but the webbing is no longer damaged & the GBB spends a fair amount of time in it's loft area.

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
I use an enclosure like that for my GBB & I found I needed to put some paper across half the top of the enclosure, so that I could remove the enclosure lid & not destroy the GBB's webbing. The paper looks a little messy when the lid is off, but the webbing is no longer damaged & the GBB spends a fair amount of time in it's loft area.
Haze started to web, you'll never guess where haha, I might need to do the paper trick as well