• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

gold knee size?

damein1234

3 Year Member
hello, I am a little curious, does anyone know much about Chaco Golden Knees?

I had got my little gold knee about July last year. She was just a little squirt back then, only about an inch or inch 1/2. Since I have had her, she has shed only twice. She doesn't eat very often. Unlike my scorpions who will devour anything I throw at them.

I was really just wondering if they are slower growers.

Thanks

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
I've heard that the Grammostola genus is known for being slow-growing. My first T was a little Chaco Golden Knee too, just got her a few months ago. She's still tiny, hasn't molted, and hardly eats at all. Maybe every three weeks or so. But when she does eat, she EATS. Three or four crickets about the size of her abdomen.

I realize this post probably wasn't very helpful, but at least you know you aren't alone!

damein1234

3 Year Member
Hi, thank you both for the responses.
I offer her food maybe once every 2 weeks, but she doesn't always take it. I've even tried a range of size of foods, but she just seems very uninterested in it all.

Tongue Flicker

3 Year Member
I find G.pulchripes as medium-fast growers probably just because of our weather here. They definitely grow faster than their cousin rosies. Try increasing the temps a little as well as the humidity and by that i don't mean moistening their substrate. You could put your T enclosure on top of a water filled tray or inside a bigger aquarium with an inch of water to raise humidity around your T without getting the substrate wet to increase its metabolism and thus the appetite