• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Glass Cleaner.

JayManges

So I am working on an enclosure to a sub-adult P. Regalis. My goal is to create something that shows off the Regalis' beauty while at the same time is low maintenance so I don't have to mess with the OW arboreal more than I have to. The one thing about the Regalis is they like to squirt the glass with excrement which does nothing for the overall aesthetics of the display. In fact, it's really nasty. My question is, has anyone used one of those magnetic fish tank cleaners to clean spider poop off the glass? Seems to me it would be the least invasive way to periodically clean the inside of the glass. Just didn't know how effective it would be. Certainly sounds like a better option than having to move things around in the enclosure or moving the T itself just to periodically clean the glass. Thoughts anyone?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Razor blade and water is all I use. Wipe it all up with a wet paper towel when I'm done. Works really well and fast.
For the Tarantula I feed it first and cover its hide or burrow with a heavy wet towel/wash cloth. Gives me plenty of time to do what I need to do plus they are preoccupied eating..

Last edited:

Soulman

So I am working on an enclosure to a sub-adult P. Regalis. My goal is to create something that shows off the Regalis' beauty while at the same time is low maintenance so I don't have to mess with the OW arboreal more than I have to. The one thing about the Regalis is they like to squirt the glass with excrement which does nothing for the overall aesthetics of the display. In fact, it's really nasty. My question is, has anyone used one of those magnetic fish tank cleaners to clean spider poop off the glass? Seems to me it would be the least invasive way to periodically clean the inside of the glass. Just didn't know how effective it would be. Certainly sounds like a better option than having to move things around in the enclosure or moving the T itself just to periodically clean the glass. Thoughts anyone?
live used them in fish tanks,for the same reason.Only effective in a tank full of water.did not work on a dry tank plus abrasive part used to drop to the bottom of the tank.Plus not able to get right in to the corners.You can get fine cleaning rods, some have a blade in them,some have a rubber end.

Latest posts