• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting a A. Versicolor

Versicolor19

3 Year Member
I should be getting my 1/2" Versicolor sling next week. I've done a ton of reading and I just want to make sure I'm on the right track.

Ideally, what's most important with keeping these slings is ventilation. My enclosure is going to be cross ventilated from the bottom up, as well as the lid being completely ventilated. I know low humidity is always better than stagnant high humidity. I'm thinking of wetting the bottom layer of substrate once a week. I'll be using a syringe and trickling the water down the side of the enclosure. I will also be dropping a few droplets in the webbing for the sling to drink once a week.

Feeding is going to occur 2-3 times a week with 1/4" crickets.

So far, I think I'm going to use a plastic container measuring 4"x3.5"x5.5". Is this too big?

I'm going to use 1" of soil and include a piece of wood and fake plants. Since the sling is going to be only 1/2" I'm likely going to make ventilation holes with a thumbtack.

How does this sound so far? I'm open to any suggestions and tips :D

Versicolor19

3 Year Member
Here it is!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412781620.461149.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412781637.981115.jpg

Logan D

3 Year Member
looks great is tht for the 1/2" versicolor the only thing im worried about is tht it may be able to escape threw the air holes you considering its size

Latest posts