• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gettin' on the D! Dubia, that is...

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Finally got both of my girls to feed on dubia roaches and they love 'em! It took a few tries, but they hit them hard every time. My colony is still just starting, but with only two T's to feed, I decided that I can spare a couple of mature males a week when they outnumber the mature females anyway.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
I'm super jealous, I can't wait until I live somewhere I can have a colony of my own!

Is it a matter of legality or purchasing? Before long I should have well more than enough and will be getting rid of extras for quite cheap. I can let you know when that day comes if you'd be interested. Most likely that time will come in the fall.

God of Fun

3 Year Member
Legality isn't an issue I live in California, but my parents would flip their **** if I started a roach colony! Besides, I only have one gecko and one subadult tarantula to feed. I would be overrun in a month!
When I'm living in my own house and can have walls of lizards and Ts I will be all over lightening your colonies load!

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Legality isn't an issue I live in California, but my parents would flip their **** if I started a roach colony! Besides, I only have one gecko and one subadult tarantula to feed. I would be overrun in a month!
When I'm living in my own house and can have walls of lizards and Ts I will be all over lightening your colonies load!

I can fully understand that. I've always breed the food for my terrarium pets. Mice and rats for my snakes, flies for spiders, Mosquitos for fish and now roaches for T's. I usually just sell off the overflow for cheap due to fairly inexpensive breeding processes.

God of Fun

3 Year Member
Thats wicked cool! Some day when I have my own kids they won't have to worry about hiding their 4 hissing roaches in a quart container in their desk *cough cough*

Latest posts