• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Genic Molt

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If you look closely in the pic the dead cricket I had dropped in before I realized she'd molted is actually on her molting mat!

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'd say right around an inch. She was barely a quarter inch when I got her. She actually scared the crap out on me once because she got under the lip of the deli container! I can't believe how big she's gotten so fast!

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I thought it was funny that when I picked up her container when I went to feeding everyone I thought I had picked up my B. vagans sling by mistake...I didn't recognize her as she had more than doubled in size.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
she looks great. Must be genics moult day cos pirate just finished he flipped back upright two minutes ago and is just sitting on his skin.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I know! I can't wait til my Ginny gets a bit more sizable. She's already got so much attitude. :)
Its great to watch them grow. My first baby was a genic and she grew massive in no time. She had a lovely nature and Pirate really reminds me of her (her name was Harley queen.) It sounds like Ginnie has that bold nature too. Bandit is great but a bit timid, he goes in one of his huts when I take his lid off. I think Kenny summed them up when he said "they swagger.'

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My wee Ginny did it again! She's looking very nice. I hope to have the hubby take some pics later with his nice camera.

My L. vio male molted too this week.. I haven't actually seen him yet, just the skin he tossed out of his "volcano" he has made in this enclosure. I actually haven't seen him since I put in him there. I guess he didn't get the memo that he is supposed to be arboreal.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ahh Thats good news. I had 3 in the end last night, diamond Solomon and Saturn. All looking good, diamond is huge, that one could be male.