• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gbb

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
This is my keepers journal for Skye my juvenile female GBB.She is with me since 08.04.2020 and of course its bought from @Phil .lol
I collected her with her enclosure .Tyni critter keeper.
Here a quick(not very good) pic of that day
20200410_142422.jpg

She is a good eater and takes large crickets with gusto .Today was doing few rehouses and I rehoused her too in a slightly bigger critter keeper with better clarity.
She is kept on dry substrate and fed once per week.
Here few pics of her and the new home.
20200423_172215.jpg

20200423_172255.jpg

20200423_172441.jpg

20200423_172350.jpg

20200423_172446.jpg

Cant wait for her to web up her new home.
Thanks for reading.
Regards Konstantin

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi all
This is my keepers journal for Skye my juvenile female GBB.She is with me since 08.04.2020 and of course its bought from @Phil .lol
I collected her with her enclosure .Tyni critter keeper.
Here a quick(not very good) pic of that day
View attachment 45232
She is a good eater and takes large crickets with gusto .Today was doing few rehouses and I rehoused her too in a slightly bigger critter keeper with better clarity.
She is kept on dry substrate and fed once per week.
Here few pics of her and the new home.
View attachment 45233
View attachment 45234

View attachment 45236
View attachment 45235
View attachment 45237
Cant wait for her to web up her new home.
Thanks for reading.
Regards Konstantin
looks great pal.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
Skye had been a busy girl tonight and already have decotared a little and settled in the top corner on top of her cork bark.Please don't notice the mod with the hot glue gun of the vents.lol
Here few pics of her efforts
20200424_102317.jpg
20200424_102537.jpg
20200424_102543.jpg
20200424_102428.jpg

Not much webbing yet in the back or in lower part of the enclosure but it is been only few hours
Thanks for reading
Regards Konstantin

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
A little update. She finally moved out of the top right corner.She has made some dirt curtains and webbing near base of the cork bark and as from this morning she has a nice burrow to retreat to if she feels like it.Sill not offered food since the rehouse.Will gibe her a few more days to settle first before I try as is quite fat and possibly near premolt
Will take few pics later on.
Regards Konstantin

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
Another update.
Skye has been very secretive after her moult.She is chilling in her burrow near the entrance with legs out and don't seem to have been out till tonight.She responds to disturbance by going furder in.Its few more days for first meal but seems she is hungry and waiting for pray to pass.
I am pretty sure she has not had a dring from water bowl only 15 cm away from her .So dropped some water on the web near the entrance few times and it went on the substrate too this time.About 2 hours later it was all scrunched in that corner drinking from the substrate the daft bugger.Anyway she darted back in as soon as I picked the enclosure up.Got a spray bottle and give few shots in that corner of the enclosure to get better drink.
I'm sure once she gets few crickets she will be out and about as my G Pulchripes was same scatty Nelly after her moult and was always hiding
That's all for now.
Thanks for reading
Regards Konstantin

Latest posts