• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

GBB Using water bowl as garbage can.

ALD

3 Year Member
I have had my GBB for about a month now. I find it amusing that after I feed her a cricket I find the crumpled up body her water bowl the next day. It's the furthest point from where she likes to eat and hang out. Does anyone else have a T with a habit like this? I am happy- makes clean up easy! ha.

ALD

3 Year Member
Yes, I've had them discard their exo in the water bowl too. I think it's because in the wild water would wash their rubbish away leaving no trace of their presence.
Ah! I never thought of that! You are probably right.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nope....:p This is one of my females. She loves her water bowl.
20180101_070420.jpg

I do have some male pokies that do that though. I have a Avic that poos in hers. :rolleyes:

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lots of animals use water as a toilet/garbage bin. Enn49 is absolutely right, if there were waste all around their home for one it would be a dead giveaway to predators and secondly any prey would give the area a wide berth. Many lizards poo in their water, our water dragon goes so far as to put her shed skin into her water bowl.

KezyGLA

3 Year Member
Are your water dishes placed in a corner? They usually dump their bolus and food remains in the corners as well as defecating in them. I dont keep my water dished in corners as to me nothing is worse than the smell of soaking, festering bolus ahaha

Latest posts