• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

GBB Sling growth rate confusion

R.NUTT

3 Year Member
OK so here's a brief overview. Almost 2 years ago I acquired 3 2nd instar slings all very small at the time as I'm sure you know. Anyway here is the abnormality, as time passed I have become very certain I have one male and 2 females simply due to the fact that the supposed male is growing very fast and is all leg (he is now 2 inches if not more). The other two however concern me, upon getting them they molted only twice at regular intervals, since then they haven't molted at all. I have been concerened with this for quite a while now as they haven't molted in almost a year and are only around one CM.
I would appreciate all feedback on this as I cannot find any reason as to why two of the supposed female slings just won't molt. Thanks for your time and I hope you can help.

Latest posts