• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

GBB NOT WEBBING

Seamus

3 Year Member
Hi guys bought a female GBB about a month ago and she is yet to web anything in her enclosure just wondering if this is normal. She is a sub adult. Will post some pics of her enclosure

Attachments

• 20210215_192917.jpg
    20210215_192917.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 44
  • 20210215_192906.jpg
    20210215_192906.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 43
  • 20210215_192851.jpg
    20210215_192851.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 42

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Are you sure it's a female? Usually, mature males only make sperm webs and won't web the entire enclosure like a sling, juvenile (male or female) or female will. It could also be due to the fact it has a new home and trying to adjust to its new surroundings. Some tarantulas exhibit this type of behavior when exchanging enclosures.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've had several spiders be slow starters when it came to webbing in new enclosures, my female GBB was one of them

As long as everything else is going well, don't over-think it and make sure it always has access to clean water

Seamus

3 Year Member
Where did you purchase her from?
Hi I purchased her from Andy at so many legs
Are you sure it's a female? Usually, mature males only make sperm webs and won't web the entire enclosure like a sling, juvenile (male or female) or female will. It could also be due to the fact it has a new home and trying to adjust to its new surroundings. Some tarantulas exhibit this type of behavior when exchanging enclosures.
Thanks casey I got her off a very reputable guy at so many legs where I get most of my tarantulas. Guess I will have to wait for a molt then I can sex it

Latest posts